Today marks the one-year anniversary of Aavegotchi. A lot has happened in the past year, and mostly to the positive side. From technological advancements to new offerings…it looks like this project is here to stay. Not only is the project rapidly expanding, but they already reached 28 countries and have more than 55 ambassadors. On their discord channel, the 1st anniversary is being livestreamed for more than 500 listeners. One cannot but respect the community that Aavegotchi created. So without further ado, let’s see what happened throughout this year.
What is Aavegotchi Crypto?
This project is not just another crypto venture. It is an interesting mix of DeFi and NFT, where users can buy NFTs and at the same time, interact in a metaverse. It is a perfect community-based project that also lets its valuable users participate in governance by voting for how the project progresses. This gives its users utmost value and respect.
Aavegotchi is an NFT game on the blockchain, based on Tamagotchi. Remember those small black and white devices where you used to play and feed your virtual pet? This is exactly what this project is, but adding NFT to the mix. Aavegotchis are NFTs themselves that you can buy. Every Aavegotchi is unique and has individual properties. The rarer the characteristics of an Aavegotchi, the rarer and more valuable it is.
Aavegotchi moves to Polygon Chain!
Originally, this project was running on the Aave protocol. But recently, they made the shift to the Polygon network primarily due to the high fees that occur every time a holder transacted. This resulted in a debate in the Aavegotchi community. They all decided to make the move and shift to a scaling solution network. Many options were laid out:
- Ethereum 2
- Flow Blockchain
- Polygon Matic
- OMG Network
Polygon Matic was the only one that was basically reachable. Also, they provided Aavegotchi with decentralization, EVM compatibility, and ready infrastructure. Additionally, Polygon held an “Ask Me Anything” session where they answered all the questions and concerns. As a result, they were the clear winner.
Aavegotchi Livestream gets more than 500 listeners!
Today, on their 1st anniversary livestream on Discord, the team managed to garner more than 500 listeners at a time, something that most projects fail to do. Not only that, their discord party room is blowing with people congratulating the project on their 1st year.
Aavegotchi Year in Review
- July 2020: First Aavegotchi post on Medium
- August 2020: Private Sale Sold out
- September 2020: First Ask Me Anything (AMA)
- September 2020: Launch of Bonding Curve on Rinkeby testnet
- September 2020: Pre-sale announcements and Sold out in under 1 minute
- September 2020: Aavegotchi uses Chainlink Verifiable Random Funcitons (VRF)
- October 2020: Uniswap GHST-ETH pair staking live on Kovan testnet
- October 2020: AavegotchiDAO begins
- October 2020: GHST token passes audit report
- November 2020: Aave invests in Aavegotchi
- November 2020: Launch of Aavegotchi Wiki
- December 2020: Vote started on the next aToken
- January 2021: aUNI and aYFI selected as Aavegotchi collaterals
- January 2021: Rarity Farming announcement
- January 2021: GHST token live on Polygon
- February 2021: NFT marketplace announcement
- February 2021: AavegotchiDAO’s treasury hits the 100k Milestone!
- March 2021: Lil Pump x Aavegotchi Collaboration
- April 2021: Pixelcraft releases the Aavegotchi Development Roadmap V2
- May 2021: New badges announcements
- May 2021: Pixelcraft introduces the Aavegotchi Aambassador Program: V2
Happy Birthday, Aavegochi!
From the CryptoTicker Team
The post Aavegotchi’s 1st Anniversary is TODAY! Here’s what Happened so far appeared first on CryptoTicker.